Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Kayak should i get with Andy at the OEX Parking lot SUPER SALE?
X-factor 2 14.29%
Extreme - looks faster 4 28.57%
Stealth 14 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Looking to buy my third kayak at OEX PARKING LOT!!! What should i get

OK i just sold my cobra tandem kayak ( no need to keep a non fishing yak) . I have the green light from the wife to get another fishing yak, for my buddies that don't show up when i go fishing.

I own an x-factor and love it, its slow but i love it. I am looking to make this purchase a secondary yak not a primary. I have already rigged up the x-factor as my primary. (it has all the electrical on it.

So my choices are:

Another x-factor, an extreme(faster then the x-factor, i am not sure if I am willing to give up 100lbs for speed, but the speed might come in handy), or a stealth 14 (much more for expensive).
Extreme weight capacity 525lbs
X-Factor Capacity 625lbs

On the stealth 14, i have a big butt and I am not sure if i can open that bait hatch for someone to fill it while im sitting on it. I already have a hard time opening that middle hatch on my x-factor. And i wouldn't want to get jealous and then have to move all my electronics to the stealth 14. So many choices

Facts about myself:
im 280lbs 6ft tall, Very hot latino, like long paddle during sunrise and sunset lol

So its to a vote...

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-08-2011 at 08:19 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Being the "big sexy" that you are, I would go for speed, makes for more of a challenge for possible mates to catch you.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
mtnbykr2

Frank,
that means you will have to make three slings in the garage...but if you must, I would go for the extreme...hey btw March 5-6 Shelter Island if you are available....
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
im 280lbs 6ft tall, Very hot latino, like long paddle during sunrise and sunset lol
You are a funny guy decisions...........decisions...........
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
BT

I would rule out the X-factor since you already have one...unless they have one in pink.

I am about 30 lbs lighter than you and for some reason I remember them recomending the X-factor over the Extreme at OEX because of the width (stability). Its been a few years, so the Extreme may be a little different, but it is still an inch and a half shorter. I had a pro explorer prior to my X-Factor and the combination between the less width, and the rounder bottom made me roll it over a couple of times. The Extreme (I believe) is more flat on the bottom, so that should help stability wise.

I like the new stealths. I havent checked them out close, but I like the center live well, and not for the live well purpose, but for storage.

If I have one complaint about Malibu yak it is the fact that if the inside of your yak gets wet (which during hooping mine always does), its the red storage thingys (techincal term). I would love for them to come out with a solid plastic storage container so I could keep stuff drier.

So to answer your question....I would ask about the stability and paddling speed between the two while I was the there, and make my decision from there.

Oh and if you get a rudder, you may want to ask for a dutch one.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Looks like there are no Extremes available for the sale, there will be 20 X Factors, not sure how many will be F&D with rod holders and hatches.

5 Stealth 14s will have all rod holders and hatches
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Looks like there are no Extremes available for the sale, there will be 20 X Factors, not sure how many will be F&D with rod holders and hatches.

5 Stealth 14s will have all rod holders and hatches
*sigh*

One thing i always wondered about the stealth 14 is how to pump water out with a handpump in case it gets flooded inside the yak.

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-08-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
*sigh*
ok the panel has voted, looks like the "extreme" it is...they are faster than the xfactor, especially how you like to paddle burn....
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
wiredantz

Ok so i guess eXtreme is out its between another x-factor and the stealth 14. I just know getting the stealth 14 will cost me big. I know i will be transferring all my electronics to it. sigh***

what to do

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-08-2011 at 06:31 PM.