Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
AZYakNewb

Lesson time for the Rookie

Soooo, huge favor to ask... I have signed up for the 2 1/2 day Mothership trip and am headed out to the land of big dreams and big fish(La Jolla) to try and get out into some open water and play with my gear as a sort of practice run. I primarily Largemouth bass fish here at home and want to get ready for that trip! Anybody feel like showing the rookie the ropes and giving some impromptu lessons?! I will be available to fish anytime from the morning of Sunday the 13th to the Evening of Tuesday the 15th. Would prefer to make like two half day morning runs on Sunday and Tuesday, but will take anything that comes along. PM me if your interested and I look foward to meeting some yakkers over Spring Break!
AZYakNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talk to this guy.

http://www.kayak4fish.com/

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
erinoo

I encourage you give this fellow a call. He will get you ready

http://inshorekayak.com/
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

not a bad idea to have a guy like Jim or someone who knows and is recognized as a guide before trying anyhing that you aren't comfy with, will save some "learning by doing" or losing while learning...or worse, specificly the launching and landing, I have been on a kayak for about 5 years now, have been with a few guides and I still learn every time out...
there is a pretty big difference between fishing on a freshwater lake and being in the ocean,
even if it is in a bay, lots of stuff happening...I think you would have more fun at it if you have a bit of training at least for your safety...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote