Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
inshorefisher

Newport Harbor 04/15/2011

I'm fishing NPH this Friday. Anyone is welcome to join. Let me know.
inshorefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
wiseguy

Where you lauching from? Might just join ya! Are you familiar with NPH? I need to learn this area.
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
FLORIDA BOY!

What time is anyone launching Friday? I might fish wed. as well. The last couple of weeks I fished in front of Crystal Cove I caught and released 2 threshers and lost another 2. On the 31st. there was tons of bait and lots of marks on the FF. we got about 6 sandies and a 3lb calico. 1 sculpin.
FLORIDA BOY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
Where you lauching from? Might just join ya! Are you familiar with NPH? I need to learn this area.
nice racks

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
inshorefisher

It's my day off so I will be free to fish anytime. I'll launch at the Coast Guard Beach. Hightide is at 7:46am...so we will have a few good hours of fishing if we start early...eg. Meet at 0700 and launch at 0730. The last time I fished NPH was over 7 years ago. I used light line 6lbs to 10lbs test and usually do pretty well on spotted bay bass. Use to cook and deck on the Caliber out of Davey's. Got some good tips from a few people on this board on how to fish the place. Let me know when you guys/gals are available to meet and we will meet at the Coast Guard Station. Free parking and beach launch.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
FLORIDA BOY!

I'll probably already be on the water and fishing in front of crystal cove just outside the kelp.. I launch from baby's beach next to the fishing dock across the harbor from USGC. I plan to launch @ 5:30-6:00
Old 04-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
T Bone

I am going tomorrow.I will report and let you know how I do.

Inshorefisher-If you worked Davey's then you would know my brother Damon from the Freelance and Bongo's

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
inshorefisher

I worked there over 7 years ago. The name sounds familiar I would probably remember him if I saw him. Captain Kirk (William Shatner) used to fish the Bongo's...saw him a few times. LMAO whenever I think of Captain Kirk fishing. Beem me up Scotty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I am going tomorrow.I will report and let you know how I do.

Inshorefisher-If you worked Davey's then you would know my brother Damon from the Freelance and Bongo's
Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
inshorefisher

We can meet/launch at 5-6am. Are we talking about the same launch pad?...the beach by/to the left of the USGC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA BOY! View Post
I'll probably already be on the water and fishing in front of crystal cove just outside the kelp.. I launch from baby's beach next to the fishing dock across the harbor from USGC. I plan to launch @ 5:30-6:00
Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
FLORIDA BOY!

I've never launched there but i'm sure I can find it. Friday right? And T-bone Are you fishing inside the harbor tomorrow or paddling out to the kelp beds? Either way here's my # 714-883-3228 Mike
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #11
T Bone

Change of plans.I am fishing saturday with my daughter.I will get some 'dines or chovie and be fishing anywhere from CG station to the harbormouth.My daughter has been begging me to go and she hasnt fished since I sold my little skiff.

My brother has been out with Mr Shatner many times.He is one of Joe's regulars.My brother said they got into big,thick stupid albie bite and in the madness my brother said "Will-cast out there" pointing to a foaming spot.He stopped dead,turned around and said "Mr. Shatner".My brother lost a little respect for him after that.He has taken out a lot of other people of notoriety but none could match his arrogance.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
brotherp

Quote:
Originally Posted by inshorefisher View Post
We can meet/launch at 5-6am. Are we talking about the same launch pad?...the beach by/to the left of the USGC?

If you dont mind a newbie tagging along Id love to fish on friday.
brotherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
MuddyMike

Quote:
He is one of Joe's regulars.
Not for long if he reads this site.
MuddyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
inshorefisher

i don't mind...just out to have fun. plus if we run into issues we can help another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherp View Post
If you dont mind a newbie tagging along Id love to fish on friday.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
inshorefisher

Yeah fished with some people of notoriety as well...not much fun there. "Mr. Shatner"...LMAO. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Change of plans.I am fishing saturday with my daughter.I will get some 'dines or chovie and be fishing anywhere from CG station to the harbormouth.My daughter has been begging me to go and she hasnt fished since I sold my little skiff.

My brother has been out with Mr Shatner many times.He is one of Joe's regulars.My brother said they got into big,thick stupid albie bite and in the madness my brother said "Will-cast out there" pointing to a foaming spot.He stopped dead,turned around and said "Mr. Shatner".My brother lost a little respect for him after that.He has taken out a lot of other people of notoriety but none could match his arrogance.