Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
StinkyMatt

Ericko and I will be at the DP baby beach around 6:30. Maui Jim, we'll have to meet up to do Long Beach sometime. Cought my best Halibut there long time ago in a float tube. Matt
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
mtnbykr2

see ya'll there...21A on the vradio, moss Outback, talkin to the guy with the dogs that lives there, forgot his name...let's go get em...b
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
maui jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Gotta find the right size Smelt which can be the tricky part. I caught 5 or 6 fish in early Dec. on Smelt near the Queen Mary. There is a boat launch ramp about 1/4 mile upstream that you can launch at, but it costs $12 for the day. They do have a free wash station though.
Last time I made bait I had to go thru alot of smelt fry. scratched out short of a dozen 4-6". smelt. Its been about a month so the fry should be getting just right size.,
I use the sailboat area launch and parking is free from the street. ( I'm cheap free launch/free bait) easy parking in the early morning, they use to have a water source, but its was disconnected when they rebuilt the restrooms but the showers work for the rods.... I live about 10-15 minutes from there.
The winds should die down Sat. afternoon, should be a spring like day on Sun.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #24
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Late response....if I can get my stuff together I'll be there...I've never fished Dana, hopefully I can tag along.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote