Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

i think the big one went 55 max. others look 30-40.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #42
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
100% innocence......until proven guilty in a court of law. Nothing wrong with speculation, its in the human nature, just be careful how you use it.
Speculation is that a lot like humor?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #43
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
ask Dim Jay he's the expert on Malibu.
that guy dont know squat bout da boo, but post a pic of your island honey hole and he will tell everyone where it is.

good call Dorado50.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #44
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Oh yea I have no doubt in my mind that the law cant prove anything. Too much circumstantial stuff.
Our yard was ripped off a few years ago...a bunch of our small engine equipment was found by the Sheriffs for sale at the swap meet. We engrave all of our equipment "Stolen from So & So Co.". They contacted us and said they found our equipment but couldn't do anything about it.
Whatever...why waste the call to us? Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #45
Dannowar

Clout=kooks.

Legal or not.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
GregAndrew

The reasons I reposted this are because he does appear to be alone in the skiff. Even if he is carrying fish for a kayak friend, that is illegal (possession). And I have personally witnessed this guy keep fishing WSB right through his limit, although not witnessed him keeping overlimits. I have heard of dumb things before, but a commercial fisherman giving away his spot (even it it were for next year) would be right up there on top?
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #47
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Even if he is carrying fish for a kayak friend, that is illegal (possession).
X2

Kind of silly to risk a ticket, toting somebody else's catch. If that yakker would have caught 2 WSB by himself, he would have had to figure out how to get them back ashore on his own, which is what he should have done.
Aaron
Old 09-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #48
easyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Our yard was ripped off a few years ago...a bunch of our small engine equipment was found by the Sheriffs for sale at the swap meet. We engrave all of our equipment "Stolen from So & So Co.". They contacted us and said they found our equipment but couldn't do anything about it.
Whatever...why waste the call to us? Jim
Well jim if that ever happens again give me a shout and ill personally go get your stuff back for you.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #49
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I'm pretty sure DFG would have to catch him in possession to do anything about it.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #50
Drake

We're still talking about this?

Don't we have better ways of making use of our time?

I've carried fish on my PA for people who hit limits of WSB on an Outback and couldn't handle the capacity. Consider me guilty of possession laws.

I can think of two people right now that I know have gone out on a Monday and caught limits of WSB, then again on Tuesday during that wide open June bite. You're telling me you don't know of anyone... wink wink? Those people "ate" or "gave away" 30# of filets in 20 hours?
That's a violation of the law, but I don't see them on blast.

You've admitted you've witnesses him fish through limits, but never seen him keep more than limits.
Quote:
And I have personally witnessed this guy keep fishing WSB right through his limit, although not witnessed him keeping overlimits.
I will CnR all day through a good bite after limits. Ever hit a loaded paddie that won't turn off? I'll fish it until my elbows are swollen.

The day someone catches him breaking the law, I vote for full on street justice, but until then, you're bordering on the line of defamation if you label this guy a poacher with no real evidence. (Not directed at you Greg)

defamation (of character) n. the act of making untrue statements about another which damages his/her reputation. If the defamatory statement is printed or broadcast over the media it is libel and, if only oral, it is slander. Public figures, including officeholders and candidates have to show that the defamation was made with malicious intent and was not just fair comment. Damages for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malice. Some statements such as an accusation of having committed a crime having a feared disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are called libel per se or slander and can more easily lead to large money awards in court and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Most states provide for a demand for a printed retraction of defamation and only allow a lawsuit if there is no such admission of error.

As I said, you're bordering on it because it might not be "Intentional" but the internet if a powerful thing, and once something is on the internet it's pretty much there for good, at least the impact it has had on the viewers of the thread is.

This guy might be a kook, a weirdo, a general piece of shit... but if you're putting him in the category of being a law breaker without any sound evidence, you are in fact breaking a law of it's own.

This man owns a business, and these "rumors" or "accusations" could potentially effect that business which launches him well within the realm of being able to consider pursuing charges of defamation.

If it were me on the other end, I would take you to court and fuck you six ways from sunday.

Delete this post and lets all move forward.

Last edited by Drake; 09-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #51
Dannowar

Stay out of Malibu clout!!!!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #52
jorluivil

We've reached that point

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-14-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Because I forgot to add the butter
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #53
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
that guy dont know squat bout da boo, but post a pic of your island honey hole and he will tell everyone where it is.
Where's the like button?
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #54
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
Stay out of Malibu clout!!!!

I could be wrong but I think George grew up in Malibu and has been making boards in Malibu for something like 30 years.

I mean I get it. He posted a video of fish caught in Malibu. THAT ALONE IS A CRIME!!!

No doubt this will lead to everyone in America fishing there. Ha ha ha...

We have an eye witness. They say he only kept his legal limit that day. He's not a criminal. He's local, a life long resident, why the lynch mob?
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #55
ful-rac
Emperor

Jim the lynch mob is not directed at you for once... sit back and enjoy somebody else other than you getting shit....
Old 09-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #56
Gigafish

Innocent until proven guilty - but based on the sick brag it's reasonable to cause a level of suspicion.

dfg - cite this law abiding fisherman to the fullest extent based on the video, confiscate his kayak and fishing gear. Search his fridge and present the evidence to the judge. Let this law abiding fisherman prove his innocence to the judge.

p.s - if you ever see this guy in our local waters watch this law abiding fisherman like a hawk.

Innocent until proven guilty............
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #57
bluesquids

Lynchmob for excessive douchery.
Check his vid below pulling abalone in SoCal.
Even if it's staged, it's still illegal and makes all consumptives look bad to those wanting to ban all fishing in CA. Guy is looking for internet fame and a reality tv show.
Lose the bandana and sunglasses ftard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSU81ARxA1c
Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
GregAndrew

Quote:
I will CnR all day through a good bite after limits. Ever hit a loaded paddie that won't turn off? I'll fish it until my elbows are swollen.

The day someone catches him breaking the law, I vote for full on street justice, but until then, you're bordering on the line of defamation if you label this guy a poacher with no real evidence. (Not directed at you Greg)
Comparing a paddie to fishing for WSB is a stretch. Pretty much anything you catch on a paddie is going to have a far better chance at survival on release. Not to mention that you are talking boat limits on a paddie. And no, I am not the guy that catches a limit and still keeps going. I am the guy that sits down and lets others share in the bounty. Other than when the WSB limits are 1 fish, I can't remember the last time I took a limit of anything but Trout.

The law does not say that you cannot catch 5 fish, it says you cannot posses more than 3 fish. There is a witness that puts him in the boat alone. He is breaking the law, so there is no defamation nor libel.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
Drake

Quote:
Comparing a paddie to fishing for WSB is a stretch. Pretty much anything you catch on a paddie is going to have a far better chance at survival on release. Not to mention that you are talking boat limits on a paddie. And no, I am not the guy that catches a limit and still keeps going. I am the guy that sits down and lets others share in the bounty. Other than when the WSB limits are 1 fish, I can't remember the last time I took a limit of anything but Trout.

The law does not say that you cannot catch 5 fish, it says you cannot posses more than 3 fish. There is a witness that puts him in the boat alone. He is breaking the law, so there is no defamation nor libel.
Have you read Bloodydecks, or youtube?
Another witness put his son on the boat. Who is right? It's not for us to decide, nor jump to a conclusion, additionally, the initial accusations came prior to a witness testimony.

I agree without you 100% on the difference between survival rates of WSB and paddie fishing. However, the regs don't account for a "survival rate" of fishing.

There are two sides to this scenario. What is morally right and wrong, and whats it legally right and wrong. You can say all you want this guy is a scum bag for keeping so many fish, but to say he's a poacher is another story. One is an opinion, one is an accusation. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm actually trying to look out for the hotheaded, pitchfork wielding forum-goers who might put their foot in their mouth. This guy could be screen shotting everything we type and it's not exactly like our identities are a secret.

I don't agree with what this guy did, but that doesn't make it right for us to put him on trial. Like I said, the internet is disgustingly powerful. This thread spread like wildfire over 4 known other local forums. If this guy turns out to be innocent, which he very well may be, then think of the damage it could do. Maybe 5% who saw the initial video will know the truth, society wants to see a beheading in Time Square more than an acquittal of charges.

Last edited by Drake; 09-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
We're still talking about this?

Don't we have better ways of making use of our time?

Delete this post and lets all move forward.
all for that.....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote