Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
dorado50

Quite a learning experience for the kid! I'm sure his over excitement maybe clouded his jugement or maybe he just did'nt know that he can catch larger fish! Who knows?.We all have made one or two bad jugement calls at some point in our fishing experiences....come back kid
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Quite a learning experience for the kid! I'm sure his over excitement maybe clouded his jugement or maybe he just did'nt know that he can catch larger fish! Who knows?.We all have made one or two bad jugement calls at some point in our fishing experiences....come back kid
X2!

Chalk it up as #1st one learned..
(& on a side note, if u really did drag that thing by its tail for over 30 minutes, chances are it wouldnt have made it, so chalk that up too as it didnt go to waste..)

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
jorluivil

Attached Images

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

If any of you haters out there have ever had the opportunity to eat day old pups, you wouldnt be hatin' tender as butter!!!

Everybody relax.. The kid lands his first thresher gets stoked, eats it... Big deal. Like he said he cr's most others. Better that poor little guy than a poor big guy that is breeding stock filled with mercury any way. Every time I see a trophy shark strung up I have two thoughts... What a magnificent creature and poor thing.... I just feel bad to see this but better the little o es I guess... No right answer here if you ask me. At least it is being harvested and appreciated. Good job, that is what fishing is about for me anyways.
Mtobolsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
mtnbykr2

congrats on the T, good food anyway you slice it, that's one more than I have this year
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
StinkyMatt

Only post your report if you satisfy the following conditions:

The fish was legal

it was not too small...

it was not too big...

it was not a calico

it was not a fish considered a "trash" fish by any members of the board

you better not have kept more than one fish

you must eat ALL of your catch fresh the same day

God forbid you have some fish in the freezer already

You called and checked with fellow community members that they approve of your slot limit on the species.

You spent 5 hours trying to revive the fish unsuccessfully.

Oh, you always have to fish with 50 pound gear just to avoid having a fight over 10 seconds.

The fish can not be caught in "suspect" places like Cabrillo

Your post can not be made in the same decade as the catch.

All identifying marks and landmarks must be obscured in order to preserve the secret status of the location.

My head hurts!:
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
jorluivil

You forgot something, I don't know what it is but I'm sure you forgot something.

BTW........sorry, I haven't called you back.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Only post your report if you satisfy the following conditions:

The fish was legal

it was not too small...

it was not too big...

it was not a calico

it was not a fish considered a "trash" fish by any members of the board

you better not have kept more than one fish

you must eat ALL of your catch fresh the same day

God forbid you have some fish in the freezer already

You called and checked with fellow community members that they approve of your slot limit on the species.

You spent 5 hours trying to revive the fish unsuccessfully.

Oh, you always have to fish with 50 pound gear just to avoid having a fight over 10 seconds.

The fish can not be caught in "suspect" places like Cabrillo

Your post can not be made in the same decade as the catch.

All identifying marks and landmarks must be obscured in order to preserve the secret status of the location.

My head hurts!:

its never too late to exit...........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
X2!

Chalk it up as #1st one learned..
(& on a side note, if u really did drag that thing by its tail for over 30 minutes, chances are it wouldnt have made it, so chalk that up too as it didnt go to waste..)
X3!
Everyone knows your estimation and difficulty were a little out of whack. Like someone said, "Most of the guys would have that caught in 5 minutes", tail hooked or not. Hell, even my gal would have. You were no doubt being cautious after losing so many others. Can't blame you for that. Being your PB on a yak, you obviously way over-estimated its weight. I'd guess 25lb, maybe 30 max. But, what the hell it was legal. I've got much bigger gripes with people who poach 100 lobster in one night in the off-season, then get off with what I think is little repercussion, I'd give them at least 6 months in jail, that'd stop that.
Jim Sammons was right, though, it's bad publicity in our fight against the MLPA, because the ignorant nut-job environmentalists, don't know or care that the much larger fish are always the breeders. They'll only call it baby killing, regardless.
And Wade was right, that fish was probably going to die being dragged tail first for 30 minutes. Better to keep it, and eat it, which you obviously are doing, than leave it for the bottom feeders. IMHO. I just wouldn't have posted the photo, and let everyone call you a liar, without a photo. Then, no one would have known it wasn't a 70lber.

But, I loved your enthusiasm. Get a little thicker skin, buy a scale (one that goes to 50lbs), and keep coming back. Your post was nice.
Most of the actual comments were on your side, many of the negatives ones were strictly in sarcasm. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines.
On a side note, there were some funny comments made by Deamon. All in good fun, as far as I’m concerned.

Good luck and hook up,
Aaron
Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
stuppid
Junior

If they did not want you to keep them they would up the sixe limit. Keeper is keeper.
stuppid is offline   Reply With Quote