Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
bender0240

Just In Time!!

The curse is broken! After 200 or so hours this summer in LJ, with nothing to show but about 6 farmed fish and an ultra-dink 2 lb YT, the heavens finally had compassion on me and shocked the sh*t out of me with my "first" !!

I never was blessed with my "beginners first" (which was totally unfair I might add) but this makes up for it(kinda, I'm still kinda pissed about that). And just in time. Last day of the year and too broke to get a new license! lol.

Got to the launch around 2pm expecting nothing, as has become my custom. No evidence of today being any different than the last 40 miserable, obsessive, fruitless trips. Got out to the general area I heard the fish were at and looked around for a little with the ff. Then for the first time since I started using the sonar(only used it a few times yet) I saw marks which were unquestionably fish marks. A perfect little cluster of upside-down "u"s. Dropped the iron to the bottom and two cranks up, whack! Now I've got stuck on the bottom more than enough times to know this was DEFINITELY NOT the bottom. The question now is what the hell is it? (definitly not a yellow...I'm pretty sure they don't exist) and are my knots good? Not pulling out much drag, is it too tight? After what felt like ten minutes, but probably more like five, I finally see color. "Holy fu*kin shit they do exist!" Gaffed it nicely and flopped it into my lap. Ahhhhhhh. Like shooting black tar heroin. But I digress.

Probably the smallest of the yt's caught lately but he's mine and I love him.

Here's my roommates cat "Tuna". Guess who helped name him.

I'm training him to become a warrior. That's blood on his face

Last edited by BWE; 01-01-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Front page edit
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote