Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
whitedog

Personal best!

We launched a little later then we would have liked. No boat lights to be seen on the water. I'm not going to lie, I get a little excited when the squid boats show up. Not to many other yakers out. Scallywags yak is faster then mine and he had scoped the fish grounds out and found the fish. I had passed him up in the dark and was following the kelp line. Then I called out on the vhf to see if this little back dot I was paddling to was my friend. He replyed no thats not me but, White dog you better get over here! . I had though he was this dark spot on the water. Not seeing any bait marks and no sabiki rigged I just went straight toward the spot next to my fishing buddy who was making some good bait. Started dropping the iron . About 15 drops later I hooked it on the drop, a tug, shake and a pull. Caught on a rod I snagged of the bottom a year ago! After a scare with a dog and some help from a friend I was able to land the fish of a life time 60#.5oz WSB! Accoring to the Dana landing Mission Bay digital scale.

A thanks to all who are taking their time to make sure we have a place to fish
Scroll Down For Pics!

Last edited by whitedog; 02-28-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: scroll down for pics
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote