Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Chuck D

La Jolla 8/16/10

Went out this morning out of La Jolla Shores about 8am. As I am putting my kayak together a lifeguard pulls up to inform me about a 15-20 foot Great White spotted last night off the kelp beds, glad I brought the camera and off I went. There was some sort of yellow foam that really clouded up the water and hindered visibility throughout the day. Got out there only to see mass amounts of Risso Dolphins, beautiful creatures. Had a Monster Mac hooked up to a sinker and got hit real good. Felt like a shark but wasn't sure. Managed to get him to the kayak pretty quick as his power faded quickly and it turned out to be a 4 foot Hammerhead Shark. Thats a first, a boat next to me came over and it turned out to be some guys from Scripps who helped me release him safely, real neat looking shark. They said that they were around because of the scallop beds. Personally I wished it was a monster yellow, oh well. Rest of the day was slow, out till 3pm. Hopefully this yellow stuff will clear, whatever it is. Here is a lame ass video of the shark, but you can see it a little bit. No Great White, sorry guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVeYtGwIeI
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote