Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #6
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
That is why I am looking at composite yaks like the Stealth Pro Fisha at 54 lbs factory rigged. I know how to keep gear weight down. 2 rods max and I can always borrow tackle on the water from you and Sven.
Im sorry its coming down to this Bob. I hope you can sort out something. Id love to have a Steath. The Lodi trip is a pisser. CaboJohn and I have BSd about a roadie up there to demo but its Lodi. Not much surf there for a good test drive.

From my research/input w the Safas n Aussies, they are real fast Ferrari "skis" but that means they arent Cadillacs. You have to be a proactive paddler to utilize their strength(s) coming and going. Theyre meant for a quick shot through the beach break, pull the rods out of the hull and go for a highspeed troll for a couple hours and back in. Good surfski/SOT hybrids. They are also as tempermental as a Ferrari. They arent near as rugged as the milk jugs we drag over rocks. Youll learn to lay glass/carbon sheets eventually. Even just dragging them over sand is more abrasive to the glass composite seams than sheer plastic. At Beluga for instance I drag plastic a lot there but glass/composite? I would overall lift more just carrying my glass baby to the waters edge and then back to camp vs the fully loaded plastic drag to the water.

All that said, I want one and so does John. Its an offshore trolling machine. If you have to go that direction I would love to paddle it but in the end I think plastic is net better for you.