Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
DarthFisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem korn View Post
That's not only with this board but with most that have been up for awhile. Shit, even the one I paid over a hundred dollars a year for lacks fish reports in the report section. There's a lot on non fishermen that have taken up the sport in the last ten years that fuck it up for everyone. What I mean by that is, there’s ethics, common sense, respect for the ocean and other fishermen. There are all kinds of stuff learned from years of fishing. Not just how to catch fish, but how to conduct yourself on the water and around others in this sport. Learning how to fish on the internet in a year, hiring a guide to put a fish on your line doesn't make you a fisherman. It gives you a photo op, a desk top for your computer at work.

That being said. Two things in my opinion that have ruined fishing......

GPS and the internet.

Take away the GPS and the boat traffic off shore will be cut in half or more. I don't think too many can navigate with just a compass anymore.

Take away the internet, and the fishing traffic will be cut in half or more.

There's more than yt and wsb in the ocean and more ways to fish than "troll one high and one low"

I take this and the other boards for what they are, entertainment. Fishing my whole life I have the ability to decipher the clues as to where the fish are and what type to fish for. I still do what my dad and I did for the last 40+ years. Go down to the landing and wait for the boat to come in. Talk to your local tackle store dude. Read the fishing report in the paper.

Relying on the internet fishing boards and guides to put a fish on your line is no different than hunting exotic game on a farm.
Congrats to you on having a father that liked to fish, or for actually being raised in So Cal. I forgot to fill out my family preference request form prior to my conception.

Did I hire a guide to make up for my lifelong geographic and parental disadvantage (from a fishing perspective that is)? Sure did. Would I do it again? Yup.

Hopefully, you become annoyed learning that I introduce myself as a "Fisherman" to everyone I meet!

This thread is pretty ridiculous considering the overall positive nature of this forum.