Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Don't let these guys bust your nuts to much. If you want to eat them, EAT THEM! We are all fisherman, most of us keep fish, and those of us who keep them eat 'em. Who are any of us to tell you you shouldn't keep this or catch that (unless they are illegal of course). I'd rather you keep the small ones than the big girls. Congrats on your PB from the yak.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
dorado50

Congrats on your "trophy" fish! Too bad it was tail hooked, takes all the fun out of the fight.....36#s at best.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Don't let these guys bust your nuts to much. If you want to eat them, EAT THEM! We are all fisherman, most of us keep fish, and those of us who keep them eat 'em. Who are any of us to tell you you shouldn't keep this or catch that (unless they are illegal of course). I'd rather you keep the small ones than the big girls. Congrats on your PB from the yak.
Yea it was a lot more comfortable for me to handle a smaller one for my first one too. I feel like the smaller ones go for dines over macs, I hooked an even smaller one the day before, I definitely woulda let that one go cuz there was almost no girth or meat to it. Anywho, I figured if its like calico bass the older they are the oily they are. Plus like ur saying let the big toads continue to breed and pass down the large genes. Thankyou for your support, I only report to inform others that are still in wait of a fish like this, if I wanted to get flamed I'd go get a bucket and keep short bass and hali and post pics on BD lol
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
Yea it was a lot more comfortable for me to handle a smaller one for my first one too. I feel like the smaller ones go for dines over macs, I hooked an even smaller one the day before, I definitely woulda let that one go cuz there was almost no girth or meat to it. Anywho, I figured if its like calico bass the older they are the oily they are. Plus like ur saying let the big toads continue to breed and pass down the large genes. Thankyou for your support, I only report to inform others that are still in wait of a fish like this, if I wanted to get flamed I'd go get a bucket and keep short bass and hali and post pics on BD lol
You had to expect some flames for holding up a juvenile thresher.

Personally, I would rather eat the 4$ worth of sardines!!

Last edited by scoop; 08-06-2011 at 01:43 PM.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
fknricter

do yourself a favor and DO NOT post this on BD!

congrats on getting your target species, now focus on getting a trophy!!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
dick fabulous

Not down with this. Share it with Casey Anthony. pre-mature ejaculation congratulations fellow fisherwho
dick fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick fabulous View Post
Not down with this. Share it with Casey Anthony. pre-mature ejaculation congratulations fellow fisherwho
Well guess what, what I did was legal so suck my pie hole penis face go "save the world"
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
sterling

Hey you got a Thresher regardless of size. There are a lot of people who haven't got one, and would like to including myself. IMHO anyone who harvests a legal fish shouldn't get any grief especially with the MLPA giving us enough grief.

Actually harvesting the younger ones is more sustainable.
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
dick fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
Well guess what, what I did was legal so suck my pie hole penis face go "save the world"
I'm not tryin to save the world carbonass. Get a filet o fish sandwich instead. Your a deusche just like any other with your '70' pounder for a yay look at me photo. Try harder. Legal yes. Carbonhole yes. Like I said, make sure you share some with Casey.
dick fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
jorluivil

I'll get the popcorn

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
CalicoCody

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknricter View Post
do yourself a favor and DO NOT post this on BD!
If you had a brain in your skull, you would know it'd be a good idea to listen to this advice.

I know you post on BD frequently, so you have to know how it goes when someone posts pics of dead, small sharks.
CalicoCody is offline   Reply With Quote