Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemberlysaver View Post
After using the gold detector professional I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.
That's not an innovation.....or is it

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemberlysaver View Post
After using the gold detector professional I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.
WTF? Can you peddle your wares elsewhere? This is a kayak website. No metal detectors...no cell phones...no Range Rovers... I say anyone with over 2000 posts should be allowed to delete shit posts like this one. "save time by using a gold metal detector"...? Hey Kemberly...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

[QUOTE=Deamon; I say anyone with over 2000 posts should be allowed to delete shit posts like this one. "save time by using a gold metal detector"...? Hey Kemberly... [/QUOTE]

F#@kin' A, I agree!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Matar
I am just me.

So I got into the gopro times.
Trying to figure out how to make a pole, and came up with this.
Got a piece of 1-1/4" PVDF pipe and a cap that I had laying around at work.
Looks like it will work.
Put an LED flash light in the pipe, and you have a light pole at night.
The light glow puts off just enough light to see but not to mess up you night vision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (8.0 KB, 1145 views)
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matar View Post
So I got into the gopro times.
Trying to figure out how to make a pole, and came up with this.
Got a piece of 1-1/4" PVDF pipe and a cap that I had laying around at work.
Looks like it will work.
Put an LED flash light in the pipe, and you have a light pole at night.
The light glow puts off just enough light to see but not to mess up you night vision.
GoPro Light Saber..... I like it.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
dorado50

Bob, your led lights idea is awesome! I am in the process of putting leds all around my kayak. I am going to use the red and green theme. I am hoping to get a bunch of yaks together this christmas and put together a kayak parade of lights like they do in SD bay. I'm going to put a blow-up santa on my green stick and maybe an elf or two...... Also thinking of installing under water lights in kayak just like the ones on big boats.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
ericko

I did this to my PA 12 put the lights under the rails and i also made a night light with blue and white led's for when i go hooping been told you can see me from a very far distance... id put up some pictures but just dont know how and to lazy to learn.... I was able to get the lights from JK electronics in westminster.. If you really want pic's i can send them from my phone..

Last edited by ericko; 03-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericko View Post
I did this to my PA 12 put the lights under the rails and i also made a night light with blue and white led's for when i go hooping been told you can see me from a very far distance... id put up some pictures but just dont know how and to lazy to learn.... I was able to get the lights from JK electronics in westminster.. If you really want pic's i can send them from my phone..
By far the best electronics supply store this side of Orange County. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff. They recently expanded their store as well. I've been going here for 10-15 years it seems.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
easyday

Made myself a fish beating stick. Ive been wanting one one for a while and after a few beers me and a buddy built this with left over stuff found around the house/ garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1373958341906.jpg (31.6 KB, 1183 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #10
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Made myself a fish beating stick. Ive been wanting one one for a while and after a few beers me and a buddy built this with left over stuff found around the house/ garage.
Sure its not really for sea dogs?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
tomahawk

be careful with the PVC. That looks like a health size and I have never hit anything with PVC that large. I have hit things with smaller (1 inch diameter) PVC and the issue is it shatters. Post up how it works after you beat down a fish or two.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
Sure its not really for sea dogs?
if it is he forgot the nails!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
easyday

It works great its filled with sand. I tested it out hitting alot of stuff, took a couple mackerel out in the driveway and beat em into mush and the side of my kayak is alot more forgiving than concrete.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
Drake

Doing a slow and steady restoration on an ole 78' Bronco. It's going to be my beach runner/kayak hauler. I'm tired of my Jeep smelling like fish and salt everytime I come home from fishing.

The bed was just a smidge too short to have a good stable platform for the PA, and I really don't like the idea of a bed extender that has to come on and off. I don't have enough room for the stuff I already own.

So I whipped this bad boy up. Made from 1inch square stock. I couldn't find a foam pad long enough so I took a pool noodle and wrapped it in some nice abrasion resistance fabric I found at Joannes. The bar cost about $24 to make and the pad was $8. For $32 and some of my time, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
That is a nice simple solution for an extender.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
Dirty Curti

Found these videos on building a kayak cart.

http://palmettokayakfishing.blogspot...art-build.html

http://palmettokayakfishing.blogspot...ayak-cart.html

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Doing a slow and steady restoration on an ole 78' Bronco. It's going to be my beach runner/kayak hauler. I'm tired of my Jeep smelling like fish and salt everytime I come home from fishing.

The bed was just a smidge too short to have a good stable platform for the PA, and I really don't like the idea of a bed extender that has to come on and off. I don't have enough room for the stuff I already own.

So I whipped this bad boy up. Made from 1inch square stock. I couldn't find a foam pad long enough so I took a pool noodle and wrapped it in some nice abrasion resistance fabric I found at Joannes. The bar cost about $24 to make and the pad was $8. For $32 and some of my time, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Excellent idea!

Just wondering how long your kayak is? It looks like a PA, but not sure if it's the 12 or the 14? I have an Oasis tandem, which is 14.5ft.

Does the front of your kayak rest IN BETWEEN your seats? I guess I'm just wondering how much length of kayak is inside and resting on the truck bed+liftgate+extender, and how much is hanging off the back.

Thanks..
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Don't take this wrong because I think that's a good idea, but from the pictures it looks like a weak design with those hinges. Plus is that short of an extension even worth it? I think maybe a bigger tube on the tailgate with an extension tube that slips inside the bigger one would be clean and strong.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
FishNinjaY

I think it's probably good. I agree, that a tube sliding within a larger tube would be much stronger and eliminate the hinge. But, I think the way it is the kayak center-of-gravity (COG) is well in front of that hinge. I think this rear extender is not supporting much weight, and just mainly for balance and some more spreading or distribution of the weight. I like that it folds out of the way. Also, I could see it possible to add a short bar on each arm to span across the hinge to lock it in and further reinforce this weak point.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #20
Rambo

Adjustable DIY heavy duty cart Hobie revise

Here's a DIY for anyone that wants scupper adjustable plug in cart with the ability to exchange any wheels to haul their kayak on the beach or terrains.

Equipment needed (home depot)
QTY: Material Price
1 3/4 in. x 10 ft. Electric Metallic Tube Conduit 3.64
1 5/8x11 by 24 inch length threaded rod stainless steel 4.54
1 5/8x11 by 36 inch lenght threaded rod stainless steel 6.98
8 5/8x11 nut 8 x 0.35 = 2.80
8 3/4 washer 8 x 0.40 = 3.20
2 10-1/2 in. x 3-1/3 in. Flat-Free Tire for Hand Trucks (300lbs payload per wheel) 2 x 24.99

Total Price = 71.16 before tax

Finish product

Cut the pipes into 36"
Then use pipe bender to bend to 45 degrees, I mark about 8.25inch from the bottom of my 36" pipe to start my first bend. then 16.30" for the 2nd bend. This allows for my 11 1/2" gap for the scupper plug with my 36" 5/8" threaded rod.

Use a center punch to start my drill place, and after that, start with my small drill bit and step step to drill my to my 5/8 hole diameter.

Then I test the assembly after drilling all my holes for the wheel axle and the supporting/resting bar.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps45787f78.jpg

With the left over 40" pipe I trim it down t 24" and added it as a sleeve to help distribute the load over the axle in case it bows.

Also, in case I need to change out the wheels for beach wheels, its easy to just unscrew and place the beach wheels due to my long thread.

It's my 1st attempt at pipe bending. I'll be adding some PVC/pool noodle to top supporting rod to minimize any scruff mark on the kayak.

Last edited by Rambo; 07-24-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayak fishing inovations, kayak rigging ideas