Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
tacmik

Depends on how long the honey do list is. The longer the list, the longer I stay out.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
tacklebox
I got gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
Depends on how long the honey do list is. The longer the list, the longer I stay out.
HAHAHA love it!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Mr hooks

As long as your ass can hang.
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
Mr hooks

As long as my seat can stand it or until I can't lie to my wife any more.
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
echo1er

If I'm out with a buddy. Till they say
If I'm out by my self. Till I deemed it on safe.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
Amish Ed

4-6hrs depending on my back and my butt. If the fishing just sucks, I'm likely to come in closer to 4hrs. If they're flying over the rail...
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
Cbad Mike

Not long enough... Usually 9 + hours, by then I'm sore, hungry, weathered, to cold or hot, or just plain tired of pulling my zipperless waders down to pee.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
PapaDave

Assuming the conditions are okay, I will be out 10-14 hours in the summer time.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
sasha

Damn why did they stop making Scopace??? I have tried all the remedies I were told about. Pills, herbs patches you name it. Nothing works what so ever. If anything many times they made me even more sick then before. Now I don't take anything, When I start to feel sick I pull everything inside and start to move. Fast paced paddle and that settles me down and makes me feel better.
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
Damn why did they stop making Scopace??? I have tried all the remedies I were told about. Pills, herbs patches you name it. Nothing works what so ever. If anything many times they made me even more sick then before. Now I don't take anything, When I start to feel sick I pull everything inside and start to move. Fast paced paddle and that settles me down and makes me feel better.

My brother tried EVERYTHING and nothing ever worked. Then he got one of the watch-type gizmos that shock the wrist periodically. Works pretty fast, and he has even been able to take it off and loan it to someome who is puking until they feel better, then put it back on. Don't know if this is teh exact one, but he SWEARS by it, after trying all the pills, patches, etc.

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/n...ontrol-reviews
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
. Now I don't take anything, When I start to feel sick I pull everything inside and start to move. Fast paced paddle and that settles me down and makes me feel better.

You are now on the right track. I used to get sick also(many,many moons ago) but I kept at it,welcoming the sea sickness,as I felt that everytime I got sick I knew I would be that much closer to "cureing" myself. I have no idea what its like to be seasick anymore! If you must,try chewing on ginger,drink 7up w/saltines........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
You are now on the right track. I used to get sick also(many,many moons ago) but I kept at it,welcoming the sea sickness,as I felt that everytime I got sick I knew I would be that much closer to "cureing" myself. I have no idea what its like to be seasick anymore! If you must,try chewing on ginger,drink 7up w/saltines........
Yup. Time on the water cures sea sickness. Ever watch deadliest catch? Most of the greenhorns/ camera crew get pretty sick for the first few days, but they get over it. I'd get sick pretty frequently when I first started doing this. Haven't felt sick on the kayak for a few years now, probably because I'd be too stubborn to come in when I felt ill. The weird part? I can spend all day in the kayak bobbing around in the open water like a cork, but I got seasick on my last cruise as we were barely pulling out of the harbor. Different motion I guess.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote