Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Rusty

Everingham Bros Pricing

I don't know if this is old news or new, but I decided to go to the Mission Bay Bait barge and grab some 'Chovies to go look for halibut yesterday. The guy at the dock told me there is no longer a kayak scoop, so it would cost $25 instead of $10. I thought he was ripping me off, so I wrote an e-mail to Everingham. Here's what they sent back.

"Dear Rusty

Thank you for the inquiring about the bait. Unfortunately we have found it is not cost efficient for us to sell less than a 1/2 scoop. We work very hard to provide the best live bait possible 24 hours a day 7 days a week all year long, and we feel for the service we offer the prices are reasonable.

The price for a 1/2 scoop of bait (5 pounds) is $25.00 and a full scoop (10 pounds) is $35.00.
Kayak scoops are $10 for about 5 fish, and our policy has always been the Kayak scoop is ONLY to be sold to Kayakers with bait buckets and NO Plumed bait tanks.

Our Scoops are designed to hold 5 pounds when it is ¾ full. One ¾ full pass is20equal to a ½ scoop (5 pounds). Two ¾ full passes are equal to 1 scoop (10 pounds). Smaller and or more passes may be need to be served if they are not able to fill the scoop ¾ full. As you may know when you buy a ½ scoop of live bait you should not receive more than 5 pounds, but most likely you receive more. The Kayak scoop was set up for kayakers ONLY with a bait bucket NOT a plumed bait tank and is about 5 fish. It seamed it got out of hand and the kayak scoop was being sold to boats not just kayaks, the scoop was getting bigger as customers push our employees for more bait than 5 fish. We need our employees to follow company regulations and in order to do so we need to keep the scooping as simple as possible because of the delivery process. In order to continue to server our customers 24/7 we need to keep our policies as is. We hope you understand our desire to continue to serve you and all the fishing community year round.
Sincerely,

Everingham Bros. Bait Co.
P.O. Box 2449
La Mesa, CA 91943
baitbarge@aol.com
(619)696-6673 Fax (619)696-6674"

...Oh well, plastics it is.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote