Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #28
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I have put in calls and e-mails to KUSI, KFMB, KGTV, and KNSD and have not heard anything back. Maybe if more than just me contact these media stations it will show them that we are serious. I went to BloodyDecks to see what type of support they are getting and quite honestly could not find a thread promoting anything for the first of January. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. What I'm wondering is if we should plan this for a day when it's not in direct competition with New Years Eve. I'm sure we would get more people to show up if this were not in direct competition with the New Year celebrations.

Is there anyway we can get a true count of who really will be there?
I'm not sure we should start a list, now. I agree the competition for all the New Year festivities is pretty great.
I've also sent emails out to some news stations without any response, yet.
With the appeal on Dec 15th, the closure looks like it may be delayed for some months, is that correct, Paul?
Thanks to the many that have indicated they would show up on Jan 1st, but it does appear this may be bad timing with all that entails the Eve and Day celebrations. A showing of 25 kayakers, and who knows how many private boaters, isn't going to gather much attention. A showing like a Matt Moyer Tournament of a 150 or more kayakers, plus the mulititude of PBers on that summer weekend, all carrying signs against the MLPA, while fishing, with media exposure, might get noticed.
Let's postpone this to a later date. Someone indicated this appeal might delay the closure until late into 2012, which means a massive protest, i.e. signs and large group, might be a better choice.
Sorry for those that were wound up to do this thing now. Keep that mojo going, we still may need it.