Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #19
Dim Jay
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Here's what I think happened

A radiation burn is damage to the skin or other biological tissue caused by exposure to radiation. The radiation types of greatest concern are thermal radiation, radio frequency energy, ultraviolet light and ionizing radiation.
Normally I like to stay out of these controversial and heated discussions, but your quote caught my eye, so I'll give my take on the whole thing.

There are only 2 possible scenarios that can happen because of this radiation crisis:

1) The Sky is truly falling, radiation is real, and we will all be dead or mutated within a few years if we don't get this radiation leak, or the ensuing radiation plume under control. Your only option now is to try to somehow start building up a tolerance to the Cesium. I have known this leak was coming since 1992, so I have been taking small cesium doses everyday to build up a tolerance.

2) You can try to convince yourself that the sky is not falling (even though it really is), and when the world ends, you might finally change your ill-informed opinion, and you will wish you weren't so hard headed. At that point it won't really matter though, because you will be dead.

Any Yellowtail Tuna or Albacores that we catch off of the kelp paddies in La Jolla will have trace amount of radiation. You are in denial if you won’t admit that.

Just my take.
Jay

Last edited by Dim Jay; 09-04-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Consistency
Dim Jay is offline   Reply With Quote