Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
DESTROYER

SMMT THIS SATURDAY INFO

First off, I would like to thank all of you who signed up and to al those who have supported this tournament over the year's. I am afraid to say that this will most likely be the last one. I would like to see this go out in style. Here are just a few things for Newbies and Oldies:
  • I will be getting down to the beach at 4:30 to start registration.
  • VHF 68 will be the official tournament channel.
  • Please form a single file line and if you have not sign the waiver please print it off the below link and have it filled out: http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/Events.shtml This will make the line go smooth.
  • Registration, you will recieve your T-Shirt and Angler's Raffle Ticket.
  • Calico Bass Division: you will be asked to step down to Nic after recieving your shirt and raffle ticket. Nic will be giving you your Angler Number on a 3x5 Card and pay for the Optional Big Bass Pot for $10. There will be 3 weigh boats. Nate who will be the OG Bait Boat in the Davis Rock Harbor, Reebs (His boat says Ballast Point on the side) and Paul Lebowitz ("PAL") in the Aluminum Cresty. Remember your number because that is how we will keep track of your 5 fish wieghed. Do not weigh more than 5 fish or you will be DQed. They also need to be 13 inches long. Final Bass Weigh in is at 12:00. Please give yourself time to get to a weigh boat.
  • Bait Boat: The Bait Boat will have live Sardine to get you started. Please be kind to Nate and his crew, they are donating their time and gas. Each angler will get about 5 pieces to start. You can load up on both sides of the boat.
  • Da$h 4 Ca$h: First person to weigh a fish over 10lbs at Kate Sessions Park will the money. Once a fish is weighed I will call Nate so he can relay the message on VHF 68.
  • Unloading in the Morning: Please be courteous when arriving early in the morning. Turn down radios, turn off lights, drive slowly, and be catious for others.
  • Start: Gentleman's Start. Sunrise is at 6:30. I'm ok if you start launching at 5:45. Please do not launch earlier than that.
  • BBQ: Food will be ready at 12:00 if you decide to come in early. Extra wrist bands for the lunch will be sold for family members for an additional $5.
  • Big Fish Weigh In: 1:30 at Kate Sessions Park. Don't be late! I will have direction printed out at sign in. The tide will be going low when you come in. The beach can be a nightmare so if you have wheels, BRING EM!
  • Raffle Tickets: Raffle Tickets will be for sell by my wife Ezara for $1 each. You can buy as many as you want. We sold $4,000 worth of tickets last year which accounted for almost half the money we raised for the American Cancer Society. I have many good items up for raffle as usual.
  • Kayak Auction: If you are looking to buy a kayak, there will be 2 kayaks for auction so bring your check book or cash. We will have a Camo Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Anglers Edition and a Hobie Quest. The bidding will start at $300 for both of them.
  • Awards: The Awards Ceremony will start promptly between 2:30 and 3:00. The raffle will start shortly after that.
Please contact me via PM or email if you have any questions. See you bright and early on Saturday. Please clean up after yourselfs if you do breakfast. Last year was a mess!

moyerthefishdestroyer@yahoo.com
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote