Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Okinawa fishing. (boat fishing)

I got a group together from work and put together another charter. we also had 2 guys from the Japanese Army with us. They are engineers and doing an exchange program with our parent unit. We've been teaching them our ways for the past 2 weeks. So far they've learned to drive robots, run around in 80lb bomb suites, ID foreign and domestic ordnance and among other things they caught their first fish!
I brought out my 12/0 to load up on fish mojo and also had my Mak 80 and Avet EX50.
lots of fish came on the troll. we would drift past the bouys and chunk bait to the schools for only a couple fish. The drone of the diesel and smoking lures really got their attention!
first pass of a bouy and all three trolling rods get bent! lost the short corner (one of the Japanese guys was on it and just didn't know to keep tension). got two to the boat!

12/0 mojo

second pass and a double!

lets do another pass.. DOUBLE!

the school was around us so we threw baits out. I dropped the heavy Iron and nailed this guy

Video of my first wahoo! Warning: some language. it decided to go around the rudder and the cursing ensued.. :lol: held my breath on every run, hence the heavy breathing. when it went under the boat all I could think of was "there goes my lure, there goes my braid, there GOES MY FISH!" haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYqx...=youtube_gdata

not much on that drift so we reset the drift. while moving I dropped back the lures and... FISH ON!

another wahoo for me.

next drift turned out good

went to reset for another drift and set out the lures.
got two wahoo!

some more pics

Tight lines guys!