Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #21
jbaker

Don't think that the west coast is only in SoCal. The last few years the largest tournament on the wast coast has been shelter cove in NorCal. Most people drive over 5 hrs to get there and we had over 200 guys last year. OEX even came up to our Albion event that had over 150 entrants last year. If you want great events you have to make them, or drive north. Look up the ORC in Oregon, Gimme Shelter, Albion, Trinidad rock wars, and a host of other events. If you really want to get something going down there I suggest you come up and check out some NCkA events.
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #22
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
X2!

While I do apologize for being rather brash in my earlier response.,
Re:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=18172

..it came only after I noticed the same questions being asked about our local kayak fishing tournament /meet up scene, and I already had started a multi series of events with not much of interest..I don’t beat around the bush..I don’t mind of no one wants to show up or even donate..but to ask for food when a plate is in front of you is almost comical hence my rude response..
I understand the frustrations that probably Neil and many many others have faced and also know the feeling of needing those pre-registrations in ASAP!

Please support your fellow BWE members endeavors whenever you can..No matter how big or small it does makes a big difference in many peoples lives whether you can see from face value or not..I have had introductions to some of the most amazing people I have ever met in all of my travels strictly due to this “BWE” forum!
Wade, I totally understand your reference there with the, "asking for a plate of food when one is placed before you." Meaning, why ask for more tournaments when there ARE some being organized? There again is the attitude I was referring to. It's the same attitude of others saying why didn't you enter this tourney or that tourney? It's that attitude that's causing some to not enter and others to not start new tourneys.

The series of tournaments that you put on last year, that I did enter and paid good hard earned money to enter, while being great in their own respect, I was meaning the one day investment type of tourneys geared around getting everyone together on one day, like your Children's tourney, and the Derby, and the ones OEX is gearing to put on.

It's basic customer service, if you want customers to come back to your business, treat them like you want them to come back. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, or cause any bad feelings, but there has been a lot of calling each other out over the last couple of years and those of us reading these calling outs, are paying attention.

I love OEX and I love all the people on it, but one thing happens when you get a lot of competitive people together they compete against each other and sometimes it gets ugly.

I'm looking forward to the tourney benefits that are coming and am looking forward to seeing everyone that can make the events. So let's stop fighting with each other and start helping out and supporting each other.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote