Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
ratdog

LJ Tues am tail between my legs

Despite alot of frustration lately I got up tuesday morning preparing to come home with my tail between my legs again! Conditions looked the usual "great". I find a spot to work in about 75ft. I wasn't on top of the surface kelp but I was on top of deep kelp that I couldn't see visually. After a fellow kayaker hooks up very close to me, I get bummed but decided to be patient. When my carolina rig with a 1 ounce sinker with spectra goes off, I quickly picked it up and set the hook and pop I loose it. I know by the pick up it was a significant fish, another dissapointment! I calmed myself down, put my flylined mono rig in the water and rebait my spectra set up. Not 5 minutes and the mono takes off, I waited a few extra seconds and set the hook and this time it is SET. As I'm about to flip over in my kayak I immediately think "freaking BSB". I quickly regain my balance and this time the freaking rod gets pulled out of my wet hands but I was on it instantly, and I ease off my drag. I'm still think BSB. Powerful head thrusts. I feel the kelp wrapped around my line and I figure this could take a while. Patiently I go up and down with the fish when I feel the kelp pop and I see the WSB come up. I got a good head shot. Fishdude takes an on the water shot for me (Thank you, Fishdude). My biggest WSB 50lb 5oz on the certified scale at Danna Landing. 51 inches.

Last edited by ratdog; 04-21-2010 at 01:29 PM.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote