Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
kixchad

I'm new! I don't know what to do!

And if you want to help, it'd be much appreciated. I bought my first kayak about a month ago and have been out as much as possible since. I love it. But it's time to get into some open water, the oside harbor and surrounding rocks just aren't enough! I'd really like to get out to la jolla with some of you more experienced guys. I've got all my own gear, And don't need to know the "secret" spots. I'm just looking for someone to show me the ropes on launching down there and getting out without getting in to trouble. Hell, you wouldn't even have to show me, you do your thing and I'll just follow suit! I plan on going Sunday, next day with no rain, depending on conditions. Let me know if any of you are feeling generous!

Much thanks!
kixchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Yakin

what you should do go near the oside pier and launch and land with out your gear till you get it down pat!
there are a few guys on here that are awesome guides and can really show and teach you some amazing things
and also welcome to the forums anytime you have a question just post it and you will get more then you bargained for in answers
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kixchad View Post
And if you want to help, it'd be much appreciated. I bought my first kayak about a month ago and have been out as much as possible since. I love it. But it's time to get into some open water, the oside harbor and surrounding rocks just aren't enough! I'd really like to get out to la jolla with some of you more experienced guys. I've got all my own gear, And don't need to know the "secret" spots. I'm just looking for someone to show me the ropes on launching down there and getting out without getting in to trouble. Hell, you wouldn't even have to show me, you do your thing and I'll just follow suit! I plan on going Sunday, next day with no rain, depending on conditions. Let me know if any of you are feeling generous!

Much thanks!
http://www.seasamurai.com/
Old 04-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
kixchad

Thanks guys. I was thinking about doing some practice runs, but with the surf at 3 ft on Sunday, and a good early morning high tide, I think I've got to go on Sunday.

And as for the sea samurai, I was sitting front and center for Kevin's extended lecture at the Fred hall show. But I'm not looking for help with the fishing, I want to put my time in there and figure it out. Its that damned beach launch tháts got me worried.
kixchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
lbsurf2ca

Beach launch at la Jolla is as easy as it gets in SoCal. Not much to worry about there. Coming in some guys flip...usually on wind swell days where waves are short period breaking close together. If that's really what stopping you there's not much to worry about. Strap things down good and just go for it. La Jolla is beautiful And special place but it can be tricky. I know first hand why guys mention Josh and Kevin right away. Their knowledge is incredible on kayak fishing. Just check out the past clients postings here in the search....you will see nothing but big fish and smiles thanks to those guys.

Good luck see you out there.