Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Jellyfish
Junior

Question

umm how to start... i created a account long time ago and forgot about it cause i never owned a kayak back then. and now friend and i recently got a kayak so hopefully ill be posting reports soon and hope to learn from this site as well.

with that being said i had a couple of questions.
1. how do you keep your rods from breaking if you flip over while trying to launch/land from surf and your kayak flips? i only got two rod holder in the back. its a ocean kayak prowler 13.

2. i seen the bait tank on this site and it seems that the pump is thrown over board so how does it pump water into the bait tank while on the move? do you just let it dangle over the side of the kayak and if so will it still pick up enough water for the pump to work?

Thanks for any advice.
Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
silentsmell

I've been taking the reels off of my rods and wrapping the rods together. Then I secure the rods to the bungee on the side that was designed to hold your paddle. I put my reels in a drybag, keeps them from getting soaked. I'm sure there's an easier way though haha.
silentsmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsmell View Post
I've been taking the reels off of my rods and wrapping the rods together. Then I secure the rods to the bungee on the side that was designed to hold your paddle. I put my reels in a drybag, keeps them from getting soaked. I'm sure there's an easier way though haha.
X2

the bait tank works fine with the pump over the side but you got to have a couple of feet in the water so the your forward momentum doesnt cause it to come out of the water.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Jellyfish
Junior

great idea on how to store your rod on the paddle bungee. would of never thought of it. Thanks silentsmelt.

thanks for your info on the bait tank bus kid.
Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote