Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Pampano
Junior

Question Bait Station in Newport Beach

Hello,

Does anyone knows when do they take the bait station out of Newport Bay and is there other place where you can buy live bait in Newport? Thanks for any info.
Pampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
rieffer

In the past, it always depended on supply and demand. Probably figure on mid to late October. I don't have their phone number right now, but it's Newport Bait Company.
rieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

24 Hour Bait Info: 310 217 7552 or VHF Channel 11

http://newportbaitbarge.blogspot.com/

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Pampano
Junior

Going out there this coming Saturday, trying new home made live well out of a dog food container.

Thank you guys! Your suggestions, tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
jruiz
Large Member

They've had some really good squid mixed with crappy miniature useless anchovies that do nothing but clog up your bait tank
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

The newport bait barge stays moored in the Harbor till late November regardless of supply. Their contract with the city does not allow them to pull out earlier. Ive gone out and kept a few friends company on the empty barge long after San Pedro bait company stopped dropping off bait.

The anchovies have been inconsistently varying in size from tiny usless crap as was stated above, to decent. If you're nice to the attended he will chase around the big guys and make sure you have at least a few.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Pampano
Junior

Thanks! I was out there on Saturday, you are right! Anchovies very small, but it put me on a higher level of fishing vs. using death bait, and the good thing, that my homemade live well kept all the fish alive and healthy. May be next time they have bigger bait. The time and money I spent on the live well, paid off

Thanks again!