Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Asuncion 2014 Baja or Bust

Left San Diego on the 26th of December. First night stop at the Cowboy inn at Guerro Negro. Ate tacos across street from hotel, nice dinner. Next morning we arrived in Asuncion around noon, saw Shari and got keys to house, then drive to San Roque, about 10 miles offroad. The roads were paved except for 3 detours on the way down. Thirteen hours driving time each way.

YT, calicos, bonita, log barracuda, sheephead, and sandbass were all caught. Rossman picked up his BP YT on day one at 37 lbs. All caught PB Calicos between 21-23" on this trip. Day three Adam caught a 38 lb YT.
Buddha did all the cooking, and meals were FANTASTIC. Rossman went to Gonzaga for a couple extra days, so he should Post in a day or two, BTW his last day in San Roque was epic!!!!, we will let him tell you about it.

I will post pictrures if I can get things downloaded from this xxxxxxxxing Go Pro. Personally I fished only two days, but the Calico fishing was awesome. PB was 22". Smallest was 16" and total for 6-7 hours fishing was 12 nice Calicos and one log barracuda. Not the greatest but very satisfying for this old man. Every one enjoyed themselves and will return to Asuncion again. We decided to bypass the landslide north of Ensenada and stay out of TJ, so we entered the US through Tecate. One hour 10 minute border crossing, EASY.

Baja or Bust 2014, has started. First trip was successful, next trip is to Gonzaga, hope some of you can join us for that trip in April. These trips are a way for YOU to meet new friends, fish new places and LEARN. Hope to see you there. Tight lines and bloody gaffs!

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
blitzburgh

Sounds awesome! I would love to do one of these. Hopefully I will be able to work something out.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #3
capntim

Love to hear these stories. Look forward to the pics!
capntim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
walrus

I was sorry to hear about your vehicle problems.

On the April Baja or Bust trip I'll tell you about the last Baja trip I made in April 1977, to Gonzaga Bay.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other guys.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I was sorry to hear about your vehicle problems.

On the April Baja or Bust trip I'll tell you about the last Baja trip I made in April 1977, to Gonzaga Bay.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other guys.
WOW, your last trip to Baja was 1977? I think I might have DIED if it was that long for me, Baja is paradise!!!
Truck would have had the same problem eventually, better to have it over with now. See you for the Gonzaga trip.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 01-08-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

(I will post pictrures if I can get things downloaded from this xxxxxxxxing Go Pro?)

Where all your pictures Bob? Do you need help with the GoPro

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Of the 250+ photos I took only 30 showed up on the 32 mb card????? The learning curve is tuff on us Old folks. I guess when I changed the battery I lost most of them? I will keep trying. Maybe........SORRY if I let some of you down.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN