Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
monkey
Junior

Mirage drive question

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding my older Mirage drive. (It has the stainless sprockets)
On each sprocket, one of the sprocket guides are loose on the shaft. One is loose in the front side of the fin, the other on the rear.
Should I try to re-glue to the shaft somehow? I can't find any diagrams online to see if this is normal.
Thanks!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

While there may be some members of this forum that can answer your question, you can probably get help quicker by going directly to Hobie Kayak support. http://www.hobiecat.com/support/index-kayak.html

You will need to register in order to view or post in the forums.

I hope that this helps.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding my older Mirage drive. (It has the stainless sprockets)
On each sprocket, one of the sprocket guides are loose on the shaft. One is loose in the front side of the fin, the other on the rear.
Should I try to re-glue to the shaft somehow? I can't find any diagrams online to see if this is normal.
Thanks!
Without good pics its hard to say. The drive is completely rebuildable, but the cost of rebuilding the old style unit verses buying the New and much improved V2 mirage drive may be similar.

-At the least your cables are probably stretched to the max. These cables are what creates the balanced tension to hold the drive together, around $100. if you add in pulleys, sprockets, axles, fins, you would be past the cost of a new drive and still have the old model.

-The new drives are smooth and very efficient, with all the bugs worked out.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote