Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Aaron

Torrey Halibut

Hello all,
I'm thinking that Friday will be a great day to spend looking for some halibut and was debating looking around North of Scripps. I've spent a ton of time fishing halibut in and around Dana Point but the limited attempts I've made out in the LJ/Torrey area have been completely unsuccessful (other than some great exercise in some great scenery). If you have any suggestions that would be helpful, that would be great. Not asking for your spots, just some helpful information that is beyond the obvious. If you are headed out that way and this doesn't sound like a bad plan, my name is Aaron and I'll have my radio on 72. I "drive" a grey malibu x-factor. Thanks in advance.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Known spots: in front of the pier, in front of the round house and off the glider port at the ARs
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Socalrobt

Hey, Aaron. Where you able to get on any Islander trips? Check out there website. I found a couple more trips that are not full yet. You should check it out.
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Aaron

Iceman, thanks for the info.

Socal, I got on the one that oex just posted in mid-June. Did you get in on that trip?
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Socalrobt

Cool man! The fishing should be good. I could'nt get those days off, but I am on the one that leaves on the june 17. Hope you get into some yellow or some wsb!
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote