Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
evilkhemist

humminbird 586c HD, Any Good??

Just picked up a humminbird 586c HD with transducer and was wondering if anyone else has one? It has a 640x480 resolution with a color screen. I think I got a pretty decent deal at $230. I know its not a Lowrance HDS5 or an Elite DI, but has to be better than the Lowrance X50 I presently use. So, does anyone have any opinions or experience with this fishfinder?
evilkhemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Jimmyz123

I was going to pick up one of those also. I saw one on E-bay and was outbid on it. If it shows you the bottom, and you can meter fish, and the most important thing is if you like it. Let me know how it works, I'd be very interested.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
evilkhemist

Yea, I got this off of ebay today. If you were bidding on one today, you ran the price up. Actually I am surprised that it went for the price it did. I will let you know after I install it. Hopefully, I will be able to see the air bladder like the guys with the HDS units can. Not going to hold my breath on that one though.
I have a lowrance X50 DS for sale if you or anyone else is interested. I will let it go for $75
evilkhemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkhemist View Post
Yea, I got this off of ebay today. If you were bidding on one today, you ran the price up. Actually I am surprised that it went for the price it did. I will let you know after I install it. Hopefully, I will be able to see the air bladder like the guys with the HDS units can. Not going to hold my breath on that one though.
I have a lowrance X50 DS for sale if you or anyone else is interested. I will let it go for $75
That wasn't me bidding against you, I lost my bid about 3 months ago. Don't you hate it when it seems as if the Owner is running the bid up? I've lost many bids where I thought the owner was running the bid up, only to have a second chance at that same item the next day. That's a clear sign the owner was in on the bidding.

Anyway, let me know how it goes, I am really interested in that model of Fish finders.

What don't you like about the lowrance X50 DS?
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
MuddyMike

sorry to hijack the thread, but this is good stuff.

i've used this service in the past. it's a little creepy giving them your ebay credentials, but after i got over that, i paid like $5- for points, added the item i was interested in, and the highest i was willing to pay for it.

it automatically bids for you at the very end of the auction. i have won 2 auctions with it. (out of 2)

i would use it again for sure, but i rarely use ebay.

http://esnipe.com/
MuddyMike is offline   Reply With Quote