Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Druko

Peddle or Paddle?

Looking to finally buy my first kayak and after much research I'm leaning towards a Hobie. I live in South Florida ( West Palm Beach) for about 2 years now and I cant believe that kayak fishing isn't way more popular in these parts. The inshore fishing and variety (Snook, Tarpon, Gator Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Blue Fish, Jack Trevally) is insane and you can get into amazing fishing 3 miles off the beach (Dorado, Black Fin Tuna, Sail Fish, Grouper, Cobia, Amber Jacks, Sharks). There's certainly a lot of yahoos here that own boats and 95% fish spinning reels.
This has got to be the spinning reel capital of the world.

Enough of the spinning bashing.

Theres a place here that sells yaks and I plan on trying several out.

Any input would be really appreciated
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Deamon

Ummmmm...Big Ass Bull Sharks? Strong ass Gulf Stream current? I don't know. HOBIE!
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
wade

Hey Druko!

I used to live in South Florida Broward & Dade Counties when I went to College down there.
(I currently have a place in Sarasota & live in San Diego.) I used to paddle YakFish & surf @ Reef Rd in West Palm.
theres a ton of cool table reefs around that hold nice snappers ect..in Miami we would hit around the 1st st. jettys for monster cudas..When i lived on 15th & bay for awhile @ Morton towers in S. beach and had my own launch out back with the manatees & would fish inbetween Star Island ect....hit all the causeways..Right front of the fountainbleau hotel is some amazin reefs that hold massive hammerheads and more..ton a snook in Haulover...& your really lucky, so grab 2 dozen shrimpies some O2 tabs or use your aerator and hit the lit up docks behind the hotels on 41 st...sooo much fun....Marathon & Islamorada is close & amazing also...

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Druko

@wade: thanks for the info. I hope to make it the the keys this summer.

@deamon: agree, Hobie is the way to go
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druko View Post
Looking to finally buy my first kayak and after much research I'm leaning towards a Hobie. I live in South Florida ( West Palm Beach) for about 2 years now and I cant believe that kayak fishing isn't way more popular in these parts. The inshore fishing and variety (Snook, Tarpon, Gator Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Blue Fish, Jack Trevally) is insane and you can get into amazing fishing 3 miles off the beach (Dorado, Black Fin Tuna, Sail Fish, Grouper, Cobia, Amber Jacks, Sharks). There's certainly a lot of yahoos here that own boats and 95% fish spinning reels.
This has got to be the spinning reel capital of the world.

Enough of the spinning bashing.

Theres a place here that sells yaks and I plan on trying several out.

Any input would be really appreciated
Got Hobie...try both the Revo and the Outback before buying if you can
I belive the Outback is the best but depending on your size try em both,
Revo is a little lacking in storage but faster than the Outback...Florida....lucky have fun out there and be safe...b
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
WahooUSMA

I've owned them all....Get the Revo. Bar none, best all around fishing yak out there.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote