Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
TCS

Fishing with the Darkhorse

I spent Saturday and part of today with Josh out at LJ. We did see some fish and even pulled on a couple, but no tropy shots for today. Beautiful day on the water. A whale actually came straight though the middle of the kelp after sunset tonight. It seems like its getting fishy out there, and the squid are finally gone.

I learned a ton with Josh and highly recommend that those looking to improve their odds out there spend a day with him. I've been fishing LJ for a couple of years now pretty consistently, but have only caught a few YT and WSB. I have read Pat's article on yo yo fishing and just about every other thread and article on the internet, but I was still not getting it done. Got a lot of good advice from people on the water, but it just didn't quite translate. In one day with Josh I learned a ton of useful information specifically on what I need to do differently.

Josh doesn't have a silver bullet to give you. What he does have is an incredible depth of knowledge on how to catch fish in La Jolla, earned over years of spending more time on the water than anyone else, by far. Fishing with Josh is a little like working with a golf pro to improve your game, but for fishing. Get some advice on the right gear for the moment, a few suggestions on slight changes to your technique, and you can improve much more quickly than you would have on your own. Although I have not landed my first WSB this year, I already know that the odds are way in my favor compared to two days ago.

If you are thinking about Fishing with the Darkhorse, don't wait like I did. Just do it. If anybody says that you're 'buying your fish', just call BS. Nobody would rag on you for consulting a golf pro to correct your swing, would they?

One more thing to take note of: In addition to real mastery of the various techniques, Josh does have a silver bullet. Its called elbow grease. When you go out with him, get ready to put in the time and focus on fishing. Early in the morning out and back in under the stars. He does not charge a lot, but you will get a lot out of it.

Tom

Last edited by TCS; 02-13-2011 at 09:38 PM.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote