Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I always leave my iphone in the pelican case along with my keys and wallet. I do not take it out for fear of dropping it and saying bye bye to a $500.00 phone. When the boyant feature comes out, i most likely swap out the my otterbox case for the lifeproof case.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
I always leave my iphone in the pelican case along with my keys and wallet. I do not take it out for fear of dropping it and saying bye bye to a $500.00 phone. When the boyant feature comes out, i most likely swap out the my otterbox case for the lifeproof case.
I have attached a lanyard to the case without the floatie and wear it around my neck. Kind of like a leash on a rod. It works well for me.

The phone is always close by and if I get tossed in the drink and get separated from the kayak, I will be able to call for help. (Big Barrels epic adventure comes to mind.) I suppose that I could lose the phone if the lanyard were to break but that is unlikely to happen.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
TCS

My phone goes in a little ziplock bag. That bag goes in another bag. You can still dial and talk on the phone through the two layers of plastic without opening it. Absolutly waterproof. Cheap too.

Data sheet and press release not available at this time.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
maui jim

Becareful to check the goretex, as alot of hunting equiptment I have is goretex...boots, gloves, raingear...etc..
I have notice after a few healthy seasons things are not as dry as they once were...(Wet,damp feet and socks, and hands, in the winter rain is not cool) so just check it out once in a while if your case sees alot of water...
Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
My phone goes in a little ziplock bag. That bag goes in another bag. You can still dial and talk on the phone through the two layers of plastic without opening it. Absolutly waterproof. Cheap too.

Data sheet and press release not available at this time.
Have they started making these for android yet? If so im sold

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
echo1er

I saw this at BestBuy yesterday for $20 door buster special.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
GR6RR
Lucky Fisher

Instead of a case, which I hate cases (I work in the cellular accessory field)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenwJcHChnw
This new I seen at the CES 2012. Pretty cool.

sorry to bump an old thread.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
fishingfiend

First off, thank you for the lifeproof case review. You've inspired me to investigate a similar solution for my iphone. The main advantage over the liquipel has to be the shock protection.

Like GR6RR mentioned, the liquipel coating also makes for an interesting solution. After an email exchange with Liquipel, it's confirmed, same day service is available! How, they just opened an office in Santa Ana/Irvine and they offer same day drop off service.

http://www.liquipel.com/contacts/

I think my new strategy is to get my iphone with the Navionics App coated. Then I'll get one of those cheap cases that offer an integrated ring for trinkets. Instead of a trinket, I'll add some type of float instead. Hmmm, lots of options now.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
fishingfiend

After ruining a digital camera over the weekend, I went to BestBuy and got a lifeproof case to prevent the same doom for my iPhone. Used it at the Vine yesterday and worked like a champ! Thanks for the informative thread!

Would you guys please post pics of how you get your phone to float with the lifeproof case?
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote