Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Regor
Greg

Why the Conventional reel vs Spinning

I've been doing fine with the gear I have, but always watching and learning as I think of my next reel.

The thing I have not learned as of yet, is why almost 95% of the Reel posts are referencing conventional reels. I have seen a large, LARGE selection of Saltwater Spinning reels, with some great specs that seem to match up to conventional reels, but yet I do not see many posting about them.

In my immediate future is a reel for throwing irons. Right now I am using an ancient saltwater spinning reel, and it is getting the job done, but I fear if it were really put to the test it might let me down. This is not to say that because it is a spinning real, but because of it's age/use.

So, with the lack of birds nests, impressive specs, and some real serious distances, why are less spinning reels used compared to conventional reels?

Greg
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote