Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #21
Politi-Cal
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Anyone ever try painting on a thin layer of SuperGlue? Bad guys use it to hide their finger prints when doing their evil deeds. (As far as I know most members of Congress have not yet caught on to this trick.)

I have spilled some on me before. It usually takes a day or so to wear off so I think it should last through a day of fishing.

I don't think SuperGlue is harmful because medics often use it to close wounds in the field. It is even used by plastic surgeons in place of stitches in some cases.

Bob
If you are thinking of using super glue then just jump to liquid bandaid. It sticks to your skin just like super glue but it is much thicker.
Politi-Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
Billy V

Stop using your thumb.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Stop using your thumb.
Better yet stop using spectra on your yoyo set up. 40 pound mono will get it done and guiding it back on the reel will be a lot easier on your hands.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #24
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

OK guys, I appreciate all the advise including the comments from those who think I should refrain from whining about getting my fingers all cut up. Point taken.

The best advice given was to use mono when yo-yoing. I normally would do that but on this day all my reels, except for the one on jig stick had spectra. I suppose I could have used the jig stick but I didn't.

Those who know me know that when I identify a problem, I try to think of a way to solve it. This is fun for me and occasionally I come up with a good idea. There are times when finger protection is needed. I would like to be prepared the next time I run into one of those situations.

Both SuperGlue and liquid band-aid seem to be worth investigating further. Both of these products come in small packages which can be stored in a vest pocket and be readily available if needed. Even if not used for this purpose they are probably good things to have on board anyway. I will also probably pick up a roll of the Coban material to have on hand. We used this stuff all the time back in my Lifeguarding days. Again, probably a good thing to have in the first aid kit.

If I discover any earth shaking results from my future experiments I will be sure to let everyone know.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #25
dorado50

can't wait for the next problem..for entertainment purposes only...
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
OK guys, I appreciate all the advise including the comments from those who think I should refrain from whining about getting my fingers all cut up. Point taken.
The best advice given was to use mono when yo-yoing. I normally would do that but on this day all my reels, except for the one on jig stick had spectra. I suppose I could have used the jig stick but I didn't.
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
I agree with Andy too man up, or you can always use mono.

I have mono on all my yoyo set ups for that very reason, also the stretch helps to absorb the initial shock and reduce the chance of ripping the jig out of the fishes mouth on the strike. Only draw back is if he heads for the kelp...

Don't worry Bob, I enjoy all your post and you usually hit the nail on the head, you have had a lot of good tips and tricks. If nothing else you started the
"Share Your Innovations" thread.

by the way I call BS on the cut up thumb without photos

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #27
Matt
Support your local pangas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
can't wait for the next problem..for entertainment purposes only...
Funny shit old man!!! Hahahaha
Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #28
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Fishing is a contact sport.

Bob

Bloody-hands.jpg
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #29
Nic D

ouch...
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #30
Matt
Support your local pangas

Quote:
Fishing is a contact sport.

Bob

Attachment 3558

Nice pants when did you turn into an emo kid with safety pin jeans??
Old 01-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
dorado50

I think the guys a "cutter"
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #32
GregAndrew

Bob, I have used the elastic wrap on a few Collonet trips. And I have the hands of a Carpenter. Unfortunately, constantly dropping and winding up 300 to 400 feet of spectra keeps your hands wet which makes even the most callosed (sp) hands easy to cut. The good news is that you do not have to stretch the elastic wrap much to make it grab itself, so there is no real concern for cutting off circulation. It does seem to lose its "stickyness" from the outside in, and will slip on wet skin though. I try to wrap a wide area to help prevent slipping. And put on a few layers that you can trim the ends of as it looses its ability to grab. Never tried Nuskin, but that sounds like it might work if you can keep the spectra on the covered skin.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote